Friday, August 21, 2015

August Colors

I had gone out earlier on August 20th, but had not taken my camera. So, I went back on the lake later. This fallen tree covered in marsh cinquefoil and other plants drew my eye. I also noticed a LOT of dragonflies and hoped to capture at least one with my camera. 

 I loved the reflections in the calm water. It may have been as gentle as floating in a bath tub, but the water was COLD.
I did manage to snag one clear photo of a dragonfly!! I was pretty excited when I saw the wing reflected in the water below. I had a couple of photos where the dragonfly was almost out of the photo or hard to find, this one was the best.
 As you can see, it is a very long fallen tree!

 On shore again, I photographed the fireweed blowing in the breeze. This is obviously not one of the better pictures. However, it does capture the blowing part!
 I was amused at how the birch leaves are falling and trying to 'hang' around a few whiles longer.
 The baby birds are almost ready to be adults. It's a daunting world out there, but you gotta spread your wings and fly anyway.

No comments: