Thursday, October 16, 2014

For Every Season

October was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in the aftermaths. Anne reveled in the world of color about her.... "I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it?..." ~Lucy Maud Montgomery
 I have to agree with Anne, October is a beautiful month! There are so many colors and shades and textures outside!





 I had to take a head shot of Stryker!
 This, however, was the most surprising thing. I watched a squirrel run to the poplar and was taking photos of the trunk (this poplar is a very odd kind of tree-it has never been trimmed and is several all stuck together). As I was shooting the trunk I saw something else. Can you see it???
 THIEF--although, I don't really mind. Besides, next year, we may have the only poplar in the world with sunflower blooming in it.


No comments: