Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sun Fun~

On Friday, I got to meet with the Caraway's again. Tim took me out in his kayak (Titus gave me his spot) and we watched a plane take off (pictured are Kelly and Kayla).
 Saturday, I took a hike with Janet and JaLeen (it was part of the Birding Festival) and we saw several little songbirds and their habitat. (I believe the flower below is a Marsh Marigold).



 Janet (above) and JaLeen (below).
 After we got back, I  met up with Kelly, Tim and crew again and we ate hamburgers on the beach. EVERYONE was on the Kenai beach today and in the mud, cuz the tide was way out!!
 I had toyed with attending a seminar on rain gardens and since I was still in town, decided to go. A rain garden is a fancy name for a low spot that collects water and has plants in it. Portland, Oregon has LOTS of them on the curb sides. They are very pretty.
But, the very best part of the program were the desserts. Yup, these adorable amazing incredible decorations are cookies!!!!!




No comments: