Friday, May 09, 2014

Mom's Kayak

I had a wonderful adventure on the lake at mum's on Thursday. I was able to take the kayak out and glide across the waters I once played on. I think this squirrel was laughing at me during parts of it, but I didn't care!
 As you can see, there was still ice on mum's side of the lake. The rest of it is clear and COLD. I managed to kayak over the ice into the open water and on my way back, I broke it up so I'd have a path--which is sort of a moot point now. It's all clear today!
 I always wanted to have a house on this knoll. Mum's is around the bend and the house across the lake is almost even with this bend. We didn't have neighbor's when we were kids.
 I found a note in a bottle seeking help--mum said it was one of the kids across the lake. I am going to go back and put a note in it from me!
 Mum's house from the lake.
 I was very excited to see lily pads growing. I love spring!
 Here the kayak and I are moving through some broken ice. It made the neatest noise as I glided past the chunks.
 And the chunks were large! You can see how rotten the ice was, even if it was thick.
 The most difficult part of being in a kayak is exiting it. Yup, I stepped out carefully and then filled my rubber boot with ice cold melt water. Definitely not one of my finer moments--but I laughed! I can't wait to go out again.

No comments: