Friday, July 10, 2009

the end of leave

Well, he is gone again. We miss him and miss him and miss him. However, we know that where he is he is doing something worthwhile. On the 4th we took some family kind of photos and then went to Hood River and watched their firework show. Before the show we had Domino's pizza in our hotel room and watched Arnold..How much more American can you get? (OK, I suppose watching Stallone would have been more American.) I also learned that I need a tripod for Christmas. (One like TJ has that is a walking stick and tripod mix would be fun.) On Sunday we took Tony to the airport and watched him leave. I did notice later that he had pretty much the exact same stuff on when he left as he did when he arrived. And he really wasn't traveling that light! Later we had lunch with Kanga and Pauli.

The boys and Grandpa and then all of them and Grandma.
Here are the boys waiting for fireworks and then a sign I found on the wall at an Embarq building. I took a picture because Kanga does so often and she is right, sometimes they are very amusing! I understood the wheeled things, but CAMPING? Maybe loitering would have been a better chioce. Jon wondered where he would put the tent and campfire!
After that, he left..sigh. And as I said, we miss him.

Well, I am having trouble with this blog thing today. I am going to stop now and try to finish my curtains, which are not working well either. The bobbin keeps boggling up! I will post more this weekend, maybe it will work better! TTYL!

No comments: