Tuesday, July 21, 2009

an assortment!

Well, we have babies all over the place. Baby birds that is. However, they do not photograph very well as I am so far away and they move so very fast. I will not post the birds, but we have baby robins and flycatchers. (those latter ones are really small and fast!) I am hoping to take more pix later.

I also have seen some very cool sunflowers around here. One of the mutants did not turn out well..it was very dusky and my camera batteries were dying..I will take more of that later, also. It was a sunflower that had two heads back to back. Very odd. This flower is one in my yard..I have decided to not plant seeds next year. At least ones from packets. I have much better luck with bird seed. Not sure why they heads are so tiny, but they are rather cute! There is a bunch of mint behind the flowers and under the feeder.

We also got to go and see an outdoor production of Grease. It was lots of fun, HOT, but fun. It is very hard to put a cooling system in an outdoor theatre! We could not take photos of anything inside..which was sad, because it was such a neat stage. However, they did have a few cars outside that could be photographed. The white one is a Galaxy 500 convertible, the blue one is a Ford Fairlane, and the yellow one is Ford with a chevy engine in it. Steve rather liked the white one. He was not impressed with the flashy yellow one at all.

I have not been able to get a photograph of the skunk hanging about up at Grandma's, but I will keep trying. I did find some very cool moths in the house. Usually a moth is a bad thing, but the two I found were very amazing. Here is one of them.
Is it not very cool? The other one was distressed and not as easy to shoot..of course, I would be stressed, too, if Moses was trying to catch me! I managed to let it out of the house. The brown one was too high on the wall for me to get, I do not know where it went.
Reading Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory's books on the Obsidian Triology. (Again.) It is very hot here. Most of these books take place in winter, which is nice to read when it is hot.

1 comment:

Kanga said...

When I was a teenager, some friends had a galaxy convertible. Man that thing could get up and go. Gas was cheap back then and we drove all summer. Good times.