Thursday, May 28, 2009

OSU rocks!!!!


Why? Well, because two different persons suggested I check out my odd plants with the OSU extension office here in the area. So, I did. And they passed my photos on further. Finally, a man in Corvallis, Oregon responded with some pretty solid answers. Although, he did write that this is not definitive as he did not have an actual sample of the plant! Anyway, the pink flowers (Jake pegged this one) appear to be a tatarian honeysuckle bush which is NOT a friendly plant to have in one's yard. I will pull up the babies and leave the established ones! The white one seems to be a choke cherry bush, I will verify that when we see fruit! And last, but not least, the really odd red flowers are most likely a calycanthus occidentalis or spice bush plant. So, there we have it. Thank you very much for all your help and thank you OSU!

NOTE:am done reading Xanth for a bit. I got the last 'new' one read and am going to find something else to read.

No comments: