Monday, February 02, 2009

the end of January....

The end of January was beautiful..we had freezing fog, which is very pretty. After that there was a day of soft, fluffy magical snow. It made the world even more beautiful than it was before! Moses on the other hand, was not as impressed. He decided to climb a tree and got stuck. Needless to say, he got down by himself..after I hauled the ladder out and over to the tree. The snow and frost vanished fairly rapidly and left us with spring.


The tree across the road and one near a friend's house.

I wanted snow for my birthday, but it did not happen. Oh, well...I did find a couple of teeny tiny daffodil spears sticking up through the hard ground and if I can't have snow, I will take daffodils!

Finally got to read The History of the Snowman by Bob Eckstien. You MUST find it and read it. It is a wonderfully intellectual and fun read.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I miss frozen fog! I used to love waking up in the morning to that. The air is so moist here that if the fog freezes it becomes ice and that is not as cool.

aksunflour said...

frozen fog? we don't get much of that. but if it is still frigid cold tomorrow am, Bumpkins and I are going to try blowing bubbles outside. (they are supposed to freeze). Please enjoy your daffodils, as it is -20 F again. Spring is a long way off.

VikingMom said...

Beautiful pictures...they remind me so much of where I grew up. Oh, wait--you live there now. Parts of me are jealous, but then the other parts of me revel in our mild weather down here. Thanks for sharing.