Wednesday, January 14, 2009

skips in the record.....

Let's see, it's a good chance that the taxes on our house are going up. Due to the new addition we had a very nice assessor visit us and I found out the house had not been re-valued since 1979!!!!!!!!

I have been called a few times to sub in Pendleton, but have had to refuse. Not because I am too busy, but because we live too far away! In Tillamook I could get ready in 15 minutes and get to town. I could do that here, but they usually call me about 40 minutes before they need me. I think we are about at least probably 30 min from Pendleton and then I would have to find the school and then some parking! Parking lots in Pendleton schools are very large! I am so frusterated!

There is a job I am doing an interview in the morning for. It is part time, which is a very good thing. The bad part is that the job is from 5am to 8am..and I detest mornings. But, I will do it because it would be a very good job and it is in town. The very worst part is that I don't think I can count on one finger the jobs I have gotten when interviewed for them. I have walked into interviews professionally, casually, positive, nervous, and nothing seems to work. Maybe if I walk into it knowing I won't get it...but that seems so defeatest. Sometimes, I am the second one chosen and the first one bails, so I get it by default. We'll see what happens!

And this morning, Jon put on one of his 'new' Salvation Army shirts (it is cute, all white and says in purple and orange letters, 'ExFed'.), and arrived for breakfast. Now, I washed that shirt just after we bought it. I dried it and then folded it and put it in his room. I generally don't do this, but got really grumpy with the state of his floor and tidied up for him. He was grumpy back, but the deed was done! At any rate, the 'new' shirt was thoroughly wrinkled! I, in a very annoyed voice, said, "Jon, I washed that shirt, dried it and folded it, and now it is wrinkled."

He responded, 'yeah.'

"Why?????" I asked.

'Well, it looks better this way,' he answered.

And there we have it.

3 comments:

VikingMom said...

Kids...what are you going to do? I tried an experiment once--I just dumped the clothes in their rooms unfolded. I thought maybe that would save me the pain of seeing them destroyed. Nope...that only meant that they ended back in the dirty clothes basket the next time still clean! Grrr...

I hope you get the job! 5am to 8am is definitely early in the morning, but think about the fact that you'll have the whole day left when you're done. :)

Noelle said...

30 minutes to Pendleton? just how slow do you drive? I used to make it all the way to BCC in 20.
Of course I was 18 and tended to drive a little above the speed limit.
(don't tell my mom!)

VikingMom said...

I'm telling Mom! Heh, heh...that may not be a good idea...you could chase me around with a chemistry set as revenge. :)