Tuesday, January 06, 2009

No snow, snow..No snow, snow...

Kind of like he loves me, he loves me not!!!
We had fairly clear weather to PDX to get Tony to the airport. Most of our lovely Christmas snow had melted and we ran into some gicky stuff in the Gorge, but all in all the roads were fine. We had dear Z meet us again at the airport. I managed to take the pix when his eyes were closed. Tony wore his War Pigs shirt from boot..Boom Shakahlakah!!!!!
Before we got there, Tony ran around Best Buy and got a new puter..I looked at cameras and did not find one. There are too many cameras out there..it is too hard to decide!!! Then he had to rush to the boarding area cuz we dinked around too much!! It was very awful. I cried and cried.

On Friday, Jan 2..it snowed again. I only took one photo because they were starting to look all the same!!!

This snow pretty much vanished. There was some left, but nothing to bother with. Until Sunday night. It stormed and blew and snowed and we even had snow coming in our skylight!!!!!! It was amazing and of course, there was no school on Monday for the first day of school!!!! At 730 am we had a huge drift on our sidewalk, which Jon did NOT move. He said it looked too cool!!! He was right, but it is in the way.
Everything is pretty much back to normal..we have wind and it is kind of warmish out. Very amazing Christmas break. Jon hoped that school would be out on Tuesday, too..just to make it even on both ends of the break, but they went back today! I think he said today they ended up with 19 days of break due to the weather!!
Digging out plant books...I can see that spring might be somewhere around the corner!!!

2 comments:

Kanga said...

It's 72F here, so I'm jealous of all your snow.

Came across this book and thought I would share http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007683/

Mrs. Henderson said...

Hi, Kristen. I haven't visited your blog for ages!! It's so good to catch up on your family's activities (of which there are many). I'm inspired by your talk of plant books. With all this snow and wind and cold...it's hard for me to think that far ahead. It was great seeing Tony. I'm glad he got home before the roads closed. We're bracing for some flooding, I hear. We'll see...it should start later today. Have a great week and keep blogging.