Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

J is up the willow tree, out on a limb, and having a great time!

No eggs this year. No baskets. Just chocolate and jellybeans. I was going to make everyone pillowcases out of this wonderful fabric I found, but failed to remember that I had no flannel for the purple one. (Actually, the purple one is for me and our neighbor, so I suppose we can wait!). I figured that since the boys were too old to dye eggs, I would make soft, furry pillowcases. S thought it was a good idea, as long as I put chocolate in them. I got them the chocolate, but havent' gotten the cases done yet.
I found some splendid faux fur for T's lion mane. The fabric for his body that I found was not exactly what I wanted. It is toast color. The loverly gold brown stuff I found was 10 dollars a yard and as I needed 5 yards...well, it was not the top choice. I was bummed. I wanted velour or some sort of soft shimmery stuff.

We shopped yesterday at Home Depot and got the rest of the boys' bathroom. It should look good when we get it all done. S has the day off tomorrow. Hope he gets stuff finished! We stuffed the vanity, vanity top, the toilet and the tank, and the medicine cabinet in the Explorer. It was pretty full! We had to scrap the original design plans I have had for several years in a heartbeat. But, as it has not even been started, it was not that big of a deal! It was mostly color scheme.

I have been sewing a great deal. Unfortunately, the outfits were all the wrong size. Bummer.

We visited Tamora Pierce this last Friday. She is amazing. I think we floated home from our visit. I also helped tidy up a house for a friend on Friday. I am pretty sore because I really scrubbed!

THS choir did very well at the last festival. (See Mrs. Hendersons' Page) Following the festival, T went home with a friend and met two special ones from Washington. They all seemed to have had a great time. (I think it was all the pizzas that were at the house!)

No comments: