Friday, September 20, 2019

Fall Colors Between the Raindrops

I have taken quite a few autumn pictures. I am just getting around to posting them! They are from the first of September through the 17th. We have had raining cats and dogs and then brilliant sunshine. These are sunshine days! 
Watching the neighbor dogs bark from across the lake. 
 I liked this picture. It is a golden eye sleeping on the lake. They are one of the few ducks that sleep in the middle of the lake during most kinds of weather. Rain or shine!!
This day was stunning, though. September 10.
I like the twists in this tree. You can almost see the far tree looking surprised around the larger tree's twist! (eyes and a nose)


 I took the burls on this tree from different angles. This one struck me as prettier with the popping color of the red rose hips.
 Gorgeous sunset from the house.
 Purple skies always make me smile!
The Monday of the digging, I stayed out of the way of the men and hunted for a few raindrop pictures. It had poured on Sunday, yet Monday had dawned warm and lovely. 
 Reflections of fall in a liquid kaleidoscope!
 These guys make me laugh. They are so funny. I keep wondering if it is the same ones up there. In one afternoon you can hear them and watch them as they circle and circle and squawk and circle and decide who is in front of where. I have said they are practicing migrating with the newcomers. These are Sandhill Cranes. You can see their long legs and necks in one of the photos-I took several, but decided to only post two!

Hopefully, they will get their act together and fly south. After all the rain, you can see new snow on the mountains. Termination Dust. Winter is definitely around the corner. 

No comments: