Wednesday, July 24, 2019

And then there were two!

Monday morning I looked out the dining room window and saw a moose. 
I took his photo through the  window and then thought if I was super quiet, I could step outside. Well, the sound of the door didn't startle him that much and I proceeded to take several pictures of the big guy. 
 Suddenly, we both heard splashing in the lake. There was another moose, but as you can see we were not sure which one it was. Or maybe HE knew, but he wasn't going to tell me.
 I loved the look on his face!!

 I wasn't sure what he was planning on doing, so continued to take his picture.
 After a bit, he appeared to leave. So, I went back inside. BUT, I was wrong and dashed back out again!
 He was going to get a drink. I reckon he wanted to see who or what else was going one down there.

 It was the younger bull! I was super careful as I tiptoed on the very dry ground to snap photos. Although, at one point I gave them a talking to because they were right next to the kayak!!! There is one under the trees on the right, he was the one I was most worried about!
 The biggest one wasn't impressed with my bossy mom attitude. .

 After their drink, they both hiked up the hill. I moved much faster since they were in high brush and I was skirting the house! In the photo below, you can see both dark shapes. The older one seemed to prefer the area I'd mowed days before..




 I also gave them a bit of a discussion when they got close to mom's lilac. They left it alone.


They two crossed the drive, leaving hoof prints, topped fireweed, a few dropped flowers, and the sound of bells from mom's garden area. I took over 100 photos of these two beauties. I hope they come back!
After a while, I went down to check on the kayak. I was pretty sure they'd not stepped on anything, but I just wanted to look! They topped the flowers around the bench, but as far as I could see, the kayak was ok. I'll make positive later in the week. 


No comments: