Wednesday, June 05, 2019

First week in June-so far!

It isn't surprising to see a ship at anchor down Salamatof, but it isn't often  you get to watch it leave. 
It was pretty breezy on this sunny day, the gulls were everywhere. There was beach fishing for halibut, but nothing else, yet. I was pretty impressed with this capture of the gull landing. The sun was in my eyes, so I didn't see much more than birds. I hoped for something nice, but wasn't sure I'd get anything! 

 You can see how windy it was from the curled feathers on this ones back.
 Later in the evening, I decided to hop down to Arness Dock for the sunset. Yet, the sunset wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. The clouds, however, were fascinating! Like sky etching from a Master author.
 The inlet was grey, fog was at the base of the mountains, above were some fluffy looking edging, then the above that some stretched out bits of cloud. Eerie and interesting.

 I'm truly enjoying these late daylight hours. I took this lake reflection from the house at about 1030 pm one night. The mosquitoes are pretty intense, but hoping the dragonflies that are starting to appear will take a few of those out! There are babies on the lake now, also an immature eagle. So, not many will likely grow up. As my friend Elaine has said, "I wish all the predators would eat fish and berries!"
 Our lupine are quickly reaching maturity, soon the fireweed will follow. Jon is arriving on Saturday afternoon and Steve will come up the next Saturday. They will miss the crazy red season hoopla, which might have been their goal! Now, all we need is Tony!!

No comments: