Saturday, April 21, 2018

In Tents on the Pipeline (4)

The pipeline has broken out in tents!!!! Little shelters have been erected and are moved over each join in the line. As I took these photos, I heard the most amazing zings and zaps and sounds that would have been quite perfect for a space battle if they had been accelerated. I was trying to think of someone to ask (it was about 8pm at night on Th) and finally called Kelly. Who asked Google and then suggested I ask the guys working in the morning.  I did and they had no idea. It was probably the pipes cooling off, although I'd not ever heard it before in all the times I've walked near them. Super fun and a bit creepy! 


 The area is almost all cleared, ready for a trench to be dug for the line to be buried.

 I looked inside a tent and there was blue pebble like stuff on  the plastic tarp. It turns out those are used in sanding where the welds have gone. I'm not sure what the duct tape in the earlier photo was for.

 Mum was pretty happy on Friday morning to see a tent at the end of the drive. It didn't stay long!
 They are not entirely secure and a bit of a breeze might topple them.
 They appear to be easy to carry. Two people can move and place them where they are needed. Although, I did see one in the bed of a small pick up truck a few days ago!

Arness Beach is still messy with ice and muck. There are now many kinds of ducks out on Bishop lake and mum had two mallards in the yard Friday afternoon. Mum's lake is still very much frozen over, but the birds know what time it is! 

No comments: