Saturday, April 14, 2018

Bits of Breakup

April has been full of all sorts of weather. so far. We've had melting days and snowy days and then almost hot ones. Here are a few photos I've taken while out and about. 
 Easter flowers from church and snow on Wednesday and Thursday of the same week!


The snow melted quickly and it was nice enough to go for a tramp in the woods. I didn't go very far, the snow may have been rotten (slushy), but it was deep in spots! 

I sent lake updates to our neighbors while they were on vacation. Every day it more water was seen on top, the next two photos were 24 hours apart! 

 I decided to not go down to the lake edge, the path has about 6 feet of ice on the bottom stretch of the path! I accidentally took this next photo while contemplating my decision to go down or not
We saw waterfowl on Bishop lake when we drove past, I went out to see if the swans were back and identified a male and female mallard. They took off when I approached and landed on clear water on the other lake. I attempted to hike to that far lake, but the snow was too rotten and the way wasn't entirely solid. 
 I did find 'fluff' in the creek from the other lake. It was really soft, so it might be from swan.

 This was the first time I went to the lake Bishop side of the culvert. The no trespassing sign was on the ground buried in brush, so I figured it would be ok..
 Later, on Thursday of this last week, I went to Arness Dock to see if you could get to the beach yet. The road was 'clear', but I didn't want to risk it! I took photos from on top of the hill. I climbed up quite a ways on top of the snow. In the photo below, I found I'd taken a picture with the Monopod in it. You need to look close, but it is there! (I think that is the name of that platform!)
 The jack up rig seems to be home for ravens. I could hear their liquid gurgles and as the sun set, pairs winged around the different parts reaching into the sky and settled on the black metal.
 The sunset wasn't purple on the mountain side, most of the clouds were behind me. It was fun to watch the sun drop into the sharp outline of the horizon. It was definitely golden!



No comments: