Monday, November 20, 2017

"Snow.....

..I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow. Snow..." 
Not sure if we'll have this sort of white for Christmas, but we've got it for Thanksgiving!!!
(Maybe I should have chosen a song from Holiday Inn instead of White Christmas!)
I took this at 9 am. It was less than an hour after I'd gone out to sweep the steps. The first time! 
At 1030 in the morning, I'd swept and sort of made a path with my spade lifting snow all the way to the newspaper box. The paper wasn't there, but it may have ended up in the drifts and gotten buried. I didn't check very well and probably should have! 
 By 230 in the afternoon, I decided to go out again and seriously move  snow. I wasn't sure when the plow guy was coming, but I wanted at least a path if we needed to get out. The car was pretty drifted on one side and the top, but I knew that would be much easier to clean off than the drive! My fist foray out from the morning was drifted in and needed tidying anyway!
 Obi Wan came outside with me. He kept grabbing the shovel in his teeth and trying to run off with it. Or something!!!


 His short furry body made furrows in the freshly fallen snow!
 I fell more than once. The last time was more painful than the others and I opted to give it a rest!
 I had managed to make several snow banks and almost covered up one of the reflector stakes I'd purchased!
 I even made a path for Obi. Oddly, the space at the corner of the house was almost clean of snow. Wind makes unusual sorts of drifts. I moved the snow from the walk into a mound behind the rig. It is incredible what one can do with a shovel, light snow, and body who doesn't mind shoveling!
 However, much more can be moved by a person driving a truck with a plow. Most of the work I did was quickly obliterated by this wonderful angel. Even better, our neighbor said he'd come over and do it for us the next time it snows. Jesse cleared quite a bit down to bare earth. We were fortunate to have him available to us. Now, it just needs to stop blowing and we can enjoy a picturesque view of  a place 'Where it's snowing All winter through..That's where I want to be!"
(Or in my living room watching one of our many Christmas movies!)


No comments: