Monday, November 06, 2017

First Snowman!

Second snowfall, first snowman. We got quite a bit on Saturday night. Not even the Sunday paper arrived on time!

 I needed to clear so mum could get out to put seed in the feeders if she wanted. I realised it was much more efficient to make snowballs than shovel snow! So, I made a snowman. It took quite a while, he was close to my height.
 The poor dear had his head break twice. After a bit the snow wasn't quite as sticky. I persevered! I found one of dad's really aged hats in the shop (it reads Anchor Point!) and added rosehips for lips (they fell out rather quickly!). Since Jim had come by to chop down the trees, I had a lot of branches to choose from. I just snipped them until they looked arm like and he was good to go! I sprinkled seed on him before I went inside, the birds made him very festive!
The feeders were fairly full of snow. One of them, I just took it down. It is an open box and as it was still snowing, it was more efficient to move it. The little guys were working hard to get the suet. 
 

You can see how much snow we got--and this is after I tried to brush it off the vehicle! 

 Oddly, there are a couple of male mallards still hanging around. Not sure where they are swimming, but there are a few star shaped spots of weak ice on the lake.
 As the day waned, the sun came out and made it even more beautiful!!! I love this place and winter is truly a wonderful time of the year.

No comments: