Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Winged Ones

Birds are flocking in like crazy! It is fun to sit outside and watch them, most of them are super skittish and zip away at the sound of a shutter, but some are braver than others. Like the nuthatch. I love those guys!!! 
 I wasn't aware there were so many kinds of chickadees! This is either a Boreal Chickadee or a Chestnutbacked one. I think it is the former.



 There are also different kinds of juncos. This little one below is slate colored.
 Today, May 3, all the ice is practically gone on the lake. These photos were taken on the 2nd.

 This is a much better photo of the male Goldeneye. You can see the gold eye better. The female didn't turn out very well. She was doing a lot of diving. There are frogs out and life is exploding all over the place. Hoping the neighbor's didn't disturb any nests when they rode around on the edges of the lake today on their 4wheeler.
I went to town on Monday, I think it was. This gull was at the Erik Hansen Scout Park. He was following me all over the place!!!! 

No comments: