Friday, November 18, 2016

Short trip to the Kenai-November 2016

 Starting with Figaro. He's such a sweet kitty cat!
 Mittens misses Mum (alliteration!). She slept with me two of the nights I was home. I do like a catly sprawl around my knees.
 Went to visit Dad, but it was really rather chilly out. No, it was COLD! This is at the Scout Park.
 Snow on the mountain! Finally. And a ring of clouds.
 The sun sank into the inlet and left us with a promise for a lovely new day to travel to Anchorage.
 Not really blue skies and cold temps. I was thankful the snow was dry. And that I only needed to drive to Kenai!
 Red skies are a warning. Pink skies are candy! They also warn---it was snowy on the way up to the big city.
 It also appears the lake was strong enough for a black lab! Max footprints are in the snow on top of the ice.
 Very thankful I was a passenger. Mom said I wasn't used to snow and it couldn't have been very bad. It wasn't, Except for those people who didn't use headlights because it was 'daylight' and the big trucks that blew white out flurries in the direction of oncoming traffic.

Mom got flowers from Roy Wells' office! I wasn't sure there was a spot for them, but the nurse carved one out from all the medical debris in the window. It sure makes the room pretty in both looks and scent! 

No comments: