Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Go North!

Jon took me to Pasco, leaving the unseasonably warm sunshine and blooming nasturtiums for frost and potential snow. 
 Not as much snow as I had hoped for, but it was pretty chilly in Anchorage!!!!!
 TSA in Pasco didn't like the container of powdered meds I had carefully packed so none of it would spill.I was a tad annoyed.
 I was picked up in ANC and stayed with Bob and Janet. Bob's favorite phrase was especially apt during this tangible caring part of my trip. "God loves you and so do I."
 Out North, the lake had ice on it! Janet (my sister) is keeping an eye on the inside critter (Obi is at her house). The neighbors across are keeping an eye on the outside.
 Mom got sent by chopper to ANC, so Mike (bless his heart!) took me BACK to Anchorage. Before leaving Kenai, God sent another one of His workers who gave me some cash. I was humbled and incredibly thankful.  It was  super pretty drive and a bit frosty outside. I completely enjoyed seeing some snow on the mountains.
 In Anchorage, I've been staying with more Hands and Feet of Jesus. Scott and Cherie. Being reminded, once again, that Cherie is actually a relation. Her Mom's Aunt Lorena is Steve's Aunt Lorena. Small world it is in and out of Weston/Athena.
 Figaro---I do appreciate a lovely cat!
 Alaskans work hard to make sure the citizens of the state have the chance to vote. I so appreciated mom getting this opportunity from her bed in the hospital!
 The sun dropped  into the horizon, lighting up mum and the sky (Mum was too hard to photograph with the sun in her eyes!).

 At 5 pm, we had a bit of a celebration. I purchased an apple muffin and improvised a candle from a twist of paper and colored the 'tip' red with a marker. Janet was born, mum said, at 5 pm on November 8, 49 years ago. Happy Birthday, Sis!!!! I can't imagine this crazy life without you----

No comments: