Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Winter begins!!

December 22 and it has been a LOVELY day!!! I made a LOT of cookies and delivered them to my loved ones. (I think it was 7 batches and nana bread and assorted other treats) I also delivered my Advent Collection for the food pantry. I know it isn't Christmas yet, but I wanted to get it there before next Monday. That is the day the pantry is open. 
 
Steve spent a bit of Monday working on the dryer, which officially gave up the ghost today. I was irritated, but the clothes will dry eventually.
I wanted to make a stuffed crust pizza. Using a line (sort of) from 'Ground Hog's Day', I had the ingredients..... The bread machine made the pizza dough. It was dubious, but delicious! Then,the edges were filled with a quarter of a mozzarella cheese stick, half of a smoky, and so on til the circle closed.  Ragu pizza sauce covered the crust (yeah, cheating, but I do easy!), topped with Parmesan cheese, chopped up smokies, deer burger, and cheese. 

 It was cut it not quite in proper pieces, but they were eaten clear to the crust! Normally, I end up eating Steve's crusts, so this was good. You can see the cheese and the meat inside the edge. Not a bad pizza!

 Then, during the latter end of  baking cookies for the guys to take to work, it started to snow!!! Yes, I squealed!!!!!!! Jon took many of the photos-I begged him to!  I wanted to go out for a walk, but he reminded me of something very important. Something I learned as a kid in Alaska. When the snow is right, you make a snowman! You don't wait. The next day the great snowman snow might be gone. The most important rule of snowmen building. NOT ALL SNOW IS GOOD FOR BUILDING WITH.


 So, I created Marge. Jon kept checking on me, cuz it was taking so long. The walks sort of got cleared as I went, so it wasn't all play! However, the play was GREAT fun!! Isn't she cute? She is a bit short, the snow is full of dirt and leaves and grass, but she makes me smile!!!!! I just had to take a snow person selfie.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I love Marge the Snowwoman most of all! Merry Christmas, Kristen!