Sunday, December 20, 2015

December warmth~

Moses and Maxwell T. Silverstone know how to enjoy a cold December day! Thankfully, it has gotten warmer, although we still don't have any snow. It tried today (12-20), but after a brief snain, nothing. 
 As you may have noticed from previous readings, I absolutely ADORE red salmon. I had some and wanted to do something different with it. I found a super delish, amazing, tasty recipe and opted to use it. The odd part? I've seen this recipe elsewhere, but when I read the one found on the link highlighted, it made my mouth water! The words and phrasing Marzia used were perfect!
 I didn't use as much honey as the recipe called for and the fish was still slightly frozen. Thus, the photos in the link are much better than mine. The caramelizing she did was beautiful! However, I am sure ours tasted better (Alaskan salmon does). :o)
 I'd like to share another link. This one takes you to a nativity you can stick to your fridge. I have a great many nativities around my house and this one is fast becoming a favorite. I've sent off into the world copies of Mary, Joseph, Jesus, and His manger. Sharing His birth and sharing an author friend at the same time is pretty cool. The magnets are the worst part, for me. I had some that were great and those were the ones I sent away. The ones I had left were wimpy, as magnets go. Some of them would not even adhesive spray stick to the shape (they would fall off after they dried!). Many of them were perfect for sticking to the fridge, but alas, you could not stick the baby to anything but the space above the magnet on the manger or Mary. He floated! I learned some magnets have 'power' levels on the back. I needed something stronger than 2. It was a great deal of fun to color and I'll do more for next year.

No comments: