Sunday, October 11, 2015

I'll be back!

Connie and her mom picked me up out north and on our way into Kenai we stopped and I was able to say goodbye to Daddy. Janet and JaLeen and Mom also stopped at the Kenai Sr Center and I was able to tell them goodbye again. 
 When we finally left the housing center where Connie's mom lives, the sky was putting on a light show of epic proportions.
 The mouth of the Kenai in muted hues. The trip to ANC was pretty dark, it is October, after all!!!
 The next morning I went outside to take photos of this cool tree. It is a fir like tree (I can't remember what Connie said it was!), but it loses the leaves every fall like a normal leafy tree. Was told on the plane (by my seatmate) they are ridiculous trees in the winter.

 Later, we met with Mya and I got to drop by a bookstore for some presents and then we went out to eat. The Rustic Goat is a great place for a last meal..I think it would make a great place for ANY meal. This delicious platter had all kinds of tasty meats and cheeses on it. The blueberry one in back was really yummy!!! I ate most of the salmon...such a snob am I!
 Connie ordered a beet salad. Mya said it was good, but I was skeptical. She was right! I had a slider, but the photo didn't turn out very well.
At the airport, Mya took a photo with the three of us and Connie helped me get to checked in. I had twenty minutes til boarding. But, it didn't matter, the plane stayed on the tarmac for about 40 more. I think I cried off and on til we lifted off and the mountains were hidden by the clouds. It is a wrench to leave Alaska...every single time. Due to the leaving late from ANC, my SeaTac time was very short and when I got to that counter (transit train and all), I had 10 minutes to catch my breath. The flight to Walla Walla made up for it. In spite of the bit of turbulence, we got there 10 minutes early!! 

So, this ends the 2015 trip to Alaska. 

No comments: