Friday, October 11, 2013

Rivers and Trees, OH MY! (Trask River Rd)

I got a chance to drive up the Trask and only went to mile 6 before I realised I still needed to get to Bay City before dark! 
 I was impressed my car still knew how to drive on the road~it wasn't in very bad shape, but it was odd. I think it was because the trees have all gotten taller!!! I miss these curving turns and squishy roads. On one side is the river and the other side is often an embankment.
 One of the fishing spots on the river. This one, I believe, is called The Dam Hole. It was fairly overgrown since fishing season hasn't started yet.

 It was strange having to go down to the river to get a picture of Daniel's Rock. This is the rock we used to keep an eye on during floods-if it was covered up, we knew it was gonna be pretty bad in town. We used to see it fairly well from the road, but as I mentioned earlier, the trees are much taller than they used to be.
This is Daniel's Creek, which used to flood down the hill and cause slides. It seems to be a much more manageable creek today. There was sign of high water since the week before these photos Tillamook was blessed with a downpouring of 9 or so inches all at once!

No comments: