Friday, October 11, 2013

Rivers and Trees, OH MY! (On the Wilson River!)

I believe this is Dorman Pond. An 8-acre pond west of Forest Grove at the junction of Hwy. 
8 and Hwy. 6. It always has fisherpeople there (although, this particular Friday all I saw were geese). 


 I believe this falls is called Bridge Creek Falls. One of the prettier spots to visit-if you don't forget to stop! It is easy to miss this place, but there is a good parking area.
 I took several photos of trees, roots, rocks, moss, and mud. These are the things I miss about the Oregon Coast!
 This irritates me-I can't move it the right way. So, you don't get the proper view of these incredible trees near the falls.
 Further down the Wilson River is another pull out. I loved the views I got from this spot! Tumbling water, pools, currents, and even some falls.

I kept waiting for a deer or other critter to pop out and sun themselves (am pretty sure people use this spot for sunning!). I was going to stop at the Forestry Center, but it closed JUST as I drove past it. Next time I'll stop!

No comments: