Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The welcome mat is out!

Hooray, it is DONE!!!!! The Little House is done and, if I must say so myself, it is sweet! Come on and stay for a bit and play. Granted, there is no bathroom, but that is a minor technicality!
The futon, bedding in the drawer next to it. We have also added two pillows for comfort! The boarding in back will eventually host a dart board. We need a cork batting for it before we put it up. You can barely see the floor here, but it has carpet on most of it and then a great kind of laminate tile on the rest. A loverly thing!
Since this photo (taken Sunday evening!!!) a Nintendo has been added and the top shelf has an array of Mtn Dew collectibles on it.
This area has changed the most since Sunday. The window now has a curtain (I didn't get enough rods before) and we have added lego bricks to the Bionicles and K'nex. I am not sure what else is on the shelves, but they are full of toys! Here we see the wonderful bookshelves. I still need to add some more books. (I am thinking the ones by Brian Jacques would be nice out here. This room kind of reminds me of the gate house at the Abbey!) As you can see the pull out desk is waiting for a writer and the linen drawer is just underneath it! The curtain on the door is fabric from the Arabian Nights play THS did ages past and the rest of the curtains are aged sheets that had a bit of life left in them.
I wanted curtains that would hold up well and wash well. Thus, I used sheets. I like using sheets to make curtains, they are much more durable! In fact, the ones I made and hung in Tony's room are from Oz. The Wicked Witch's magic powers burnt tiny holes in the sheet and I couldn't see tossing away such a wonderful bit of history, so I made curtains from the wholer cloth!
Speaking of THS theatre, this photo is a bit hard to see (the angle I had to shoot it from was awkward, I was on the stairs). It is in our basement entryway. There are 4 plays present here. Hot, Oz, Beauty, and Nights. Pretty fun, huh???
Still reading Jacques. The Badger books!

2 comments:

aksunflour said...

nice place. ready for ? trying to talk Princess into going down to you. ;)

Mrs. Henderson said...

Thanks for your comments, Kristen. I hope to see you, too. I'll be in the TP Freight parking lot @ 10 AM. A few of the Vocal Ensemble singers are holding banners for the prize winning floats. Safe travels.