Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring, sprang, sproing.

Yup, we did have spring and then it vanished. We do have some crocus trying to insist that the days are getting warmer, but we got some snow which makes it hard to believe. But, because of the snow, I was able to get a photo of my border made of International Harvester roatary hoe wheels. I will put up a photo of them on a rig this summer when we can get to the Mtn Ranch where there is one parked. Anyway, this side of the garden hasn't any rocks for decor, so I thought these might look nice. They do, however, they blend in very well, which makes them hard to see. They are also very heavy and fall over, so I need to come up with some sort of idea to hold them up. The tines stick in the dirt, but I can't put them in far enough without losing the idea of the sea stars.
Before the snow, we did have some excitement from home. Mum, for her birthday, got a volcano! Visit this site for some great photos. http://www.avo.alaska.edu/ I particularly like the lightning one from March 27, 2009. You click the information for Redoubt and then images and then you have to choose the date. It is cumbersome, but as you travel through the net you will see some excellant photos of Mt. Redoubt and the ash clouds. Along with mum, an Oregon friend had a birthday, too. Here is the cake I made them.... Happy Birthday, Mum and Jennifer!
There was going to be a heart of candles on the side, but didn't get that far!!!! LOL. Chocolate fudge and chocolate chips and chocolate fudge frosting. Gotta love Pillsbury!!!

And last but not least, my crocus! I can't wait til they start to multiply!
Doing some eclectic reading..just picking up any old book when I finish one and need a new one!


1 comment:

aksunflour said...

loverly flowers.
will ponder upon how to keep your "wheels" up.
what about some bamboo poles one on each side for a total of 4. so there is like a cage for each one?
now how to conceal or make the bamboo look like part of the architecture. possibly a small climbing plant- like climbing spinach. or canary bird vine.