Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Buy De-Solv-it!!!

Yup, that is my new mantra. I love that stuff. It is like Goo be gone, but a little different. Let me explain. We have in our backyard a cute little house. It had been used to store a motorbike..Steve fixed the wall that was missing and we started cleaning. Several of the shelves were used for 'parts' and were very greasy..this awesome product cleaned it up slicker than a whistle! (although, that is an ambiguous saying in itself..I have kids who have had some really gicky whistles!!!) So, either buy the stuff, buy stock in the stuff, or at the very least, marry into the company! It is WONDERFUL!

Photos of our little house:
Unfinished wall Steve is rebuilding.


Shelving in the little house, yes there are built in drawers and cupboards that are super cute! There are larger drawers underneath the shelves and on the right hand side there is a desk unit that slides out of the wall.
These are the shelves that were gicky. I didn't get the camera until I was almost done cleaning them, but the oil slick extended from the end of the shelves (all three of them) to the De Solv It bottle in the right hand photo. The third shelf had been taken down so I could reach it for cleaning. It is a smallish room, but very nifty and perfect for friends to stay in. We have a futon that will sit next to the wall Steve is working on and our old living room carpet and pad will cushion the floor. Eventually, we will get a half bath for it. There is a place that can be used for it, but I want my master bath done first!
Here are the boys and Maxwell. Note, Tony bought an xbox thingy. LOL. I think I have tripped over parts of it, but that is the extent of my experience with it.
Reading Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates, again!

2 comments:

Kanga said...

WOW that is beautiful knotty pine woodwork. Cool. When can be come visit?

the verification word is "Zatickle" --that's funny

VikingMom said...

I'd forgotten how awesome De-solv-it is...in fact I have the perfect project for it right now. All the cleaning looks like it was worthwhile...the wood looks beautiful!