Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Weather Outside's 'Delightful'....

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!!!

Yup, we have snow. Finally. I was starting to think we might have to have a brown Christmas, but ol' Jack Frost pulled through rather nicely. In fact, it snowed on Saturday and was a nice damp perfect for snowman snow. Sunday, however, it is just a lovely very cold snowy day. Lots of powder on top of the sticky snow and now it is dropping past 13 degrees at 420pm. BRRRRR. But, very pretty outside.

Jonathan made a wonderful snowman over 7 1/2 feet tall, but it leaned a bit too far to one side and now is just a large monument to artistic endeavors of frozen water. He used the extension ladder to roll the balls up the height of snow and the wheel barrow to haul more snow from other parts of the yard. Mine is cuter. I used the snowman parts I made from a craft pattern and is it not just Disney?????
Before church, I took a few photos of the white expanse in front of the house. Are the icicles not beautiful??? However, when the snow starts to slip off the roof it is going to sound like the house is caving in!!!!!

And who needs a television when you have a window feeder???
Just finished a new Brian Jacques book, Eulalia! Totally wonderful read!

3 comments:

Andreanalaska said...

I do believe he has us beat on tallest snowman, ours from last year was only about 6 ft. Good Job :D I saw the new Jacques book at Powells last weekend, is it as good as the "originals"? I was able to score Renegades of Pern for $2.60 I was really excited to get such a good deal. Love Ya!

aksunflour said...

lovely winter scenes!
hope you enjoy the XBox.

the little house would be perfect as a library/craft hut.

Kanga said...

I'm jealous. It's 70F here.