Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pix of Sunridge and Stuff

OK, here is J's school. In the previous post you saw the front doors. Here is the rest of the building. It is so big!!!!!


You drive up to the school and go around to the front. The domed shape in the second and third pix are one of the gyms. It has solar panels in it and there is a bottom floor, too. That is where the band classes are, the gyms, and the shop classes. 8th grade is at the far end by the domes. Pretty cool, huh? In this last photo, I just noticed that there is a lighter panel of yellow on the wall. That is because it is the color the whole school was supposed to be. Apparently, the school was supposed to fade to the color of wheat. It has been several years and it has not faded yet. The one panel was one that needed replaced or something. The secretary said the school is a landmark for airplanes because it is so yellow!!!

The garden photos are from last week. Dot and I picked some strawberries today and ate them warm from the sun. YUMMY. It all needs water! My chamomile looks great and my lavendar is sprawling all over. Some stuff did not do well, some stuff did.


And last, but not least, here is a more Teddy looking Teddy. Although, I think the peroxide from the de-scenting mix bleached him a tad.

2 comments:

Mrs. Henderson said...

Hi, Kristen. It's been a long time since I've read your blog. What a nice yard you have! Your garden looks nice, too. I'm still working on getting the grass out of my landscaping.

Today the Vocal Ensemble has a car wash at Kepharts, but I don't know how many kiddos will be there. If 2 show up we'll go ahead with it.

I just got back from California visiting my sister. We had a great time and got some shopping in.

It's good to read about your goings-on so keep up the good work. I hope Jonathan has a great summer! Say "hey" to Tony for me.

aksunflour said...

Good heavens that building is yellow.. wonder if they got a discount on the paint.

love your yard.

and really enjoy seeing pix on your blog. (check out Princess's and see my new dog.- ok it is Princess's not mine.)