Tuesday, September 11, 2007

School has started and all's well!

J has started school and really likes it so far. He is the only bari sax in 50 kids, but the bari is 'generic'. He likes English and Earth Science and thinks it is cool that after 4 days of school, they get 3 off for Pendleton Roundup. He said the bike lanes have cones and are used by the horses. He also said, "everywhere you look there are horses or something a horse left." He is riding his bicycle at Grandpa and Grandma's and is looking forward to getting out his 'real' motorcycle. (it is the big one that we got from some friends in a trade.)
S is busy, but he doesn't get Roundup off like some people! His dad has surgery this weekend on a valve. There was a discussion in church concerning S fixing it for his dad. S fixes valves all of the time and we were told that arteries needed snipped with wire cutters, which is a tool S uses all of the time. I was creeped out. Eeeew.
We showed the house today. It was kinda scary. I am not going to stay here the next time. I will just let them in and leave! Did the windows and am going to paint them tomorrow. (paint the spaces between the window and the storm window, although, if I painted the window it might always be sunny!).
It clouded up today. That is the weather on the coast. Here are the beach pictures. Note that one has some sun and then less than 10 minutes later, the other is foggy. J is the speck near the logs in the last photo. He is walking between two of them. Our maybe he just went over! He was looking for rocks.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the nice blog. Janet wants me to get one too.
I am glad that J. likes school. I am working with students in Earth Science and it is a good class. I wish that I could have taken something like that when I went to school. I like you pictures.

aksunflour said...

The surgery thing would have creeped me out too.
Princess and Bumpkins' would just love all the ponies!
Good luck on all of your painting.