Saturday, June 09, 2007

Portland Floral Parade

How time does fly. I can't believe it is time for the Portland Rose Festival! I haven't gone since I was in college, but it is a definite landmark in the year. You always get better footage while watching it on TV anyway. This year, as it is the 100th year, they are doing bits in a sepia color and then fading back to color. It is pretty cool.

OK, so we have had Graduation, a party, and all kinds of stuff. School is out finally even for J (who is named after King David's friend and one of the older kids in our church--Jonathan Scott). He was glad that he wouldn't have to get up on Friday to go to school. Silly boy. We had a party on Thursday (last day of school for all the underclassman). It was great fun and was more and less than I had anticipated. T (for Tony who is really named for his dad and an old friend of mine) and I expected more kids would come up for the party, but we did NOT anticipate that everyone would spend the night! We ended up with 11 boys sleeping in our living room and the 4 girls who stayed the night slept in Tony's room. I will put pix of that on later.

The next day, Friday, T and I went to Brenton's trial. It was horrid and hard and not fair that it was a beautiful day. Having him in Tillamook will be better. At least we can go and visit him. I promise that we will do that.

Here are some grad pictures. This is T and two of his friends they day after graduation. If the other ones show up again, it is T with Mr. Rhodes (THS principal) and T and his Grandma and Grandpa and Nana.


No comments: