Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just about July

This flower is called a corn cockle and is poisonous. It think they are rather pretty. The picture had a swallowtail butterfly in it, but I guess it flew off before I snapped it.


It has been ages since my last post. Not sure just why, but there it is. T's friend TK is off to the Army today and T follows soon. It has been nice and sunny, so we have been doing some stuff outside. Lots of flowers are up and stuff is growing nicely (see pix!). Had a court of honor for Scouts and T's Eagle Board of Review is tomorrow night. All in all, it has been a bit busy and fun.
The photo below is a swallowtail on my privet bush. It is a humblebee hide out! There are bees and butterflies and hummers all over it! The last photo is one of my transparent apple tree. I had a photo earlier of T in front of it when it was covered in blossoms (that was a may day post) and this one is of the forming apples. You can see the dying blossoms on the apple end of this full cluster. I probably should have picked three flowers off to make the fourth apple stronger, but it is too much work! The apples make great deer and crow snacks and wonderful applesauce.

No comments: