Monday, May 14, 2007

Mid May

Phew, as mentioned in my last post, this will update the blog! I am at the library and I LOVE these computers. Well, I like the fact that you can be online at a fast speed for free! It is much more useful than waiting for ages at home. I only wish I had my photos here so I could upload them! Ah well, you can only have so much.
OK, this last Saturday was prom and in the morning T did his Eagle project. I was not impressed at how many persons did NOT come out to help with his project, but we managed to get a great deal done. Trees were planted, trees were 'found' in a midst of blackberries and vines, ivy was uprooted (that stuff is NASTY), and trash was removed. Dr. M even chipped some stuff to put down in the trails. It is an ongoing job and lots more can be done. All of us have blisters and blackberry thorns in our hands. It would have been a great Sr project, too. Now we have to get the paperwork done. That is the hard part!
After we got done there, we went home and I finished up T's jacket for prom. It was pretty fun and I sure hope it gets used again! S. worked on the bath some more. The tile is down and the grout is in. I need to water the grout twice a day, but it should be ok. It looks very nice. I also took lots of grad type photos of T yesterday. Some with his sword, but most with his tux from vocal ensemble. (lots of new news on Mrs Hendersons page!!).
I finally got my herbs planted. The plants were a bit dry, but I think they will survive. I forgot to check them this morning. S had to go to school in PDX, so we were home all alone today. It is hard when he is gone, it appears to be more work.
I have been working a great deal this month in the schools and at the museum. I am very tired and grumpy, but I will be ok. Mum comes down at the end of the month and the best part of that will be having the bathroom done. S cleaned out the tub and I looked at it as it sat in the yard. :-) T is in the tail end of schooling. He is doing the credit recovery class for Geometry from last semester, but may not do so hot in the regular class. I should have not let him take it this semester. If he only passes it.... J is doing ok. His classes are on every end of the spectrum! He still wants us to buy a bari sax, if they weren't so expensive... T dressed up and recited a bit from Hamlet. Gerry got him the clothing, I wish he would have let me get a photo with that outfit on. At least he got a higher grade in English. At least, I hope he did! J has a choir festival this week and a band one later this month. It should be fun!
Speaking of fun, Mattress is over. >sigh< It was a great show and I loved cooking for it. Speaking of which, I need to send out some recipes! For Mattress news, check out Pappycat's Something Spicy is Cooking's page.

No comments: