Monday, February 19, 2007

President's Day

Well, it is President's Day. It is pouring outside and blowing. I am hoping the power does not go out. If it does, I will have to finish this later.
S and I have been married 18 years now. In that time we have had at least 4 homes, 13 cats, 2 dogs, 2 kids, and way too many cars. At least the kids are the same. :o)
THS is going to do The Wizard of Oz for sure. Auditions are this week. We'll know by Friday who is what.
I made a peppermint cake yesterday for our anniversary. I wanted to use those cute little heart peppermint patties that are pink inside..but I forgot to tell anyone I wanted to use them and by the time I made the cake there were only 6 left. So, I just chopped them up instead of having the hearts on as decoration. They taste just as good and go lots further! They kind of melted on the frosting. But, it sure smells good!
Have lots of crocus bulbs left and just had the idea that I should plant them in my rose bed. I have a bed with 4 rose bushes in it and in one far corner there is a clemantis. I figure I can plant the crocus at the back of the rose bed. I will need to put them in wire cages to keep out the moles, but it should work.
I have been wanting to add picutures, but it hasn't worked lately. Will try it again when it is less stormy. Think I will go and read The White Dragon it is a good Feb book. Romantic and fun!! Many of Anne's books are in that category. I need to finish this one so I can get to some of my Alcott stuff before Feb is over. Although, Alcott is good to read in March, too, as that is the name of the family.

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

good grief, you read books according to the season. I read what hits my fancy or Bumpkins pulls of the shelf. cookbooks I read according to season.

bumpkins bday pics are posted.