Thursday, February 08, 2007

Alto versus Bari???

As I start this, JJ is practicing his alto. Teddy, the dog, is not impressed and is howling. I am not sure which is harder on everyone's ears..the bari or the alto. His ultimate goal is to be in Jazz band in HS. Hope he makes it and I hope we survive another year of jr hi band!
I spent the Super Bowl doing yard work. (why on earth would I want to watch Prince????) My neighbor gave me flowers and a birdhouse for my birthday (and a few other things) on Sunday, too! Sunday, I planted a bunch of Spanish Bluebells and did some weeding. I have surrounded several gardens with twine and white plastic bag strips..in the hopes they will keep the chickens and the elk out. It is not very pretty, but no flowers are worse! Today I did more gardening. I planted more bulbs (still have lots left, too!) and carted some composted leaf stuff from the ditch by the road to the yard. (buying premixed soil in bags is much easier and they have less rocks) I put it all in the garden that the chickens ruined the most. I only hope the perennials in it will come back. I also moved a box from one garden to next to my rock bench. Then, I filled it with soil and my trumpet vine so it will maybe grow over the trellis over the bench. (odd note, both the bench S made with cement and my great rock flower container are falling apart!! S thinks it might be that we didn't use scrubbed rocks and the mortar isn't sticking well to the stones. Go figure!)
JJ has been having a great time with his truck. He uses it to chase chickens..that is the goal of our house, chasing chickens out of the yard! Moses thought the truck was pretty neat and he chased it for a long time, then JJ turned the tables and started after Moses. I thought Moses was going to have kittens (which would be very odd as he is a fixed male!). He doesn't like the truck anymore. JJ used it one morning before school and accidentally ran into himself and knocked himself over. I told him he can't watch America's Funniest Videos anymore.
TAMuseum called today. I told them I would work for 2 days a week at most. I really need to find another part time job, but until then I will stay there. Subbing is not enough so far. I think I have been working maybe twice a month or so. I do have other commitments and I don't want to infringe on those.
I tried to add a picture last week and it didn't work, so I will have to see what to do again. Pretend this has a photo of spring in this blog. I saw my first hummingbird this week!

No comments: