Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Flowers in MN

There were several little libraries in Duluth, this one was my favorite. I didn't take a book, because I didn't have anything to replace it with, but I did take a photo! 

These images aren't in the order I took them, silly blogspot! But, they are all flowers around my aunt's house. She is fond of flowers that help out the bees. Minnesota will pay you to do this, so my weeding was kept to grasses choking out flowers in beds. Just in case I pulled something I thought was a weed and wasn't! 


Am not sure what this orange flower is. I rather liked its perky look. When I find out, I'll get some seeds. I figure anything that can grow on a hill over Lake Superior can grow in Eastern Oregon! 

There were several colors of forget-me-nots. I brought some seeds back, unfortunately, I can't find them~ They were tucked in an envelope with a letter from a friend. 
These two are backwards. It is a houseplant my aunt picked up years ago for less than 20$. Now, it is fairly large and blooms often. I liked how the dying blossoms turned into little mummies! 

There are a lot of wild bunnies in the area. This one seemed to prefer eating dandelion seed heads! It was difficult to sneak up on it to take a photo. 

This is another bush my aunt has that I fell in love with. Amazing scent. But, magnolias do. 

These pink flowers below are also one I'd like to have around here. There are a lot of blossoms in the head and they are fairly tall. (the ones above are an azalea, I think)  One of the things that surprised me was how many plants here are similar to one's that grow there. Although, because of the lake, the climate changes quickly in just a few blocks! It is much warmer at one of my cousin's houses than it is at my aunt's. Oddly, I didn't take any photos of my aunt's house! It has been renovated and is the same, and yet not. 

No comments: