Wednesday, July 04, 2018

catch up!!!

A bunch of catch up photos from the last couple of weeks. Lots of odd pictures of this and that and whatever else I might think could catch someone's fancy! Or at least mine. :o) 
I had gone to Kenai for the first go around to get my tooth mended. When I got back to the house, I found Rose had brought me a gift! It made my jaw feel a bit better, too- I love my new black hooded AK sweatshirt. 


 These two photos are a bit of the fixed damage and after--Yup, numbed that whole side! The assistant dentist person said the root had a sort of Betty Boop kick to it and that on a scale of 1-10, it the difficulty was about a 9.5.
 I did feel better by Solstice. So, I went off to the Inlet and watched the sun set in my new sweatshirt!.

While I was waiting, I sat in the car and killed one of the mosquitoes who had joined me.


I've never climbed up the hill overlooking this area. It was VERY steep. Unfortunately, most of the photos I took were washed out a bit. I needed Jonathan! 


And in a blaze, the season changed. 

July is full of blooms! The lilacs in Soldotna started first, but the ones in Kenai and out north are following quickly. 

 Mom's carpal tunnel surgery was in the hospital this time. She came thru with flying colors, as usual.
The rain stopped and the sun came out and with the blooming flowers are lush grasses. Which need cut! So, I did. This is the not steep part... 

Ducks are such amusing bizarre creatures. This is a Goldeneye. She is only supposed to have eggs numbering 4-9. I'm pretty sure she found a few more babies somewhere as they all didn't get in the camera frame! 

 This is the plane I watched on Tony's birthday. It isn't a very good photo, but at least this shot has it right side up! This is just before it went straight into the sky again.
Another fun photo that didn't get focused properly. This lady has only two babies under her wing. She was super brave and while I was reading in the kayak, she and her pair swam past a couple of times. 


Roses, twin flowers, everything is racing to bloom! (I don't have photos of the roses or twin flowers...) 





No comments: