Friday, February 02, 2018

An Ending and A Beginning

January 31 ended with another stunning sky display. The half and half mixture of sunset was eye catching, indeed! It was really very cold and breezy, I didn't have my camera, and after taking a few photos, jumped back in the car to warm up! 


 Before we left, a man went to the edge of the bluff in this last photo and took pictures. I wasn't that dare devil. The area was really icy!!!!
 Mum was sad looking out of the window at this bluff area. She and Ma Nick used to climb this with fish they'd caught ages past. It was a much fuller bluff back then.
When I looked at my Facebook this morning and discovered I'd quite possibly been hacked, Tim C gave today a new name. Laugh at the World Day. I so like that!!!! 
 The morning of the first, I did a few chores and found in the washing machine a marble. I hadn't realised I'd lost any!!! I also noticed this morning when I cut my bangs, it appears they shrunk in the shower. They seem a lot shorter than I had thought I'd trimmed them. (Piffle!) I called mum's newest ANC doctor and made an appointment for next Monday and Tuesday...but forgot to actually find out what time on Tuesday! I called them back and scheduled.  At lunch, I discovered I had a hole in my chin. I was so ready for ice cream!
I had to go out and do a few other things besides ice cream and stopped at the post. I had mail!!! I had birthday cards!!!! There were 9  of them! I was so excited!! Steve sent me 25$ for Amazon and a heavily decorated green paper with birthday greetings from a youngster in the local church. (He'd mentioned it was my birthday in the service. As he said, I'd have probably done it for him!!) His mom sent me a gift, as well. I am completely rich with love today from notes online, in texts, and via paper. 
 I celebrated my birthday while waiting for mum's nurse to arrive. I always try to read Deathlehhem on the first of Feb. I know they are Christmas horror stories, but they are fun to read any time of the year.
I got to talk to Jonathan and Steve and Tony. Even Aunt Darlene and Uncle Randy sent greetings. After I picked up pizza for dinner, cuz mum wanted pizza, Steve sent me these photos. They are of the only birthday cake I think I've actually had in more than quite a few years. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and did. 

 The decoration and presentation.
 
             
 The Fall.
 Salvage Operations.
 All in all, this last year was full of too many things I can't even process. I'm going to walk into this next one with my face looking forward and my head tall. I promised myself last night, I can take on anything this year throws at me with grace and style and a laugh. (and an occasional whine or two!) Here's looking at you 53!

No comments: