Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Walla Walla Valley Bands Fantastic Fourth!

The concert band has grown so much since Jon first started playing with them. They moved from the gazebo to the ground and now they are on the other side of the gazebo. It is a bit smaller, but it is much nicer as it has better shade.

 They are now under the direction of young Jackson Maberry. He also conducts the Walla Walla Choral Society.
 I like their new location, I can sneak better photos of the kid!!!






 I eventually stopped taking pictures, I hope I wasn't in the way--I'm always leery of photography bugs who bother the performers. Back at my seat, I found some other interesting things to photograph. I do love reflections!

 It was a grand concert, full of fun songs and stirring marches. When the band plays the 'Armed Forces Salute' the emcee encourages our Veterans to stand during 'their' song. I believe the man below was from the Navy. He looked interesting, so I took his picture~
Thus ended a tradition I've missed the last couple of years. Hooray for the Walla Walla Valley Bands!!! Hooray for Independence Day!


No comments: