Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lots of pictures!

I almost wasn't sure google would let me post blogs from AK. EVERY time I post from a new locale, I need to verify who I am. You'd think they'd realise I've had this blog running since Tony was in HS and have used the same address all those years. Silly people! Anyway, 
Welcome to Alaska! 
I have about a week's worth of crazy photos on the newest new septic and other assorted adventures. 
 Here we have Bob and the 'Big Guy' rearranging mom's driveway. You can see what it looked like prior to the excavations. Also, during!
 I had a chance to go to Arness Dock with Obie. Obie was not as enchanted as I was. He now refuses to go anywhere with me. I think I wore the poor guy out!
After the guys were done, this is what the driveway now looks like. I am seeking help in getting it back in shape again. The neighbors have said they might come over sometime, but it will take baby steps and may last the entire weeks I'm home.

 The day mum had a blood transfusion, I had time to wander around. I went up to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters. I love this spot. So much to look at and great trails.

 I was rather surprised to see so much Devil's Club and very little Pushki. Neither one are friendly to flesh and limb, but each of them are incredibly pretty in their own way. The cabin below was one belonging to the first guide on the Kenai. Andrew Berg. If you get a chance to read his 'diary', you won't be bored!

 The above building used to be the place to go. It held a small interactive area and all the offices. Mrs. Fencl worked in here. So did I, ages past, with so many other YiCC's. Below is a bad selfie with a moose statue. He was hard to fit in the frame with me. I often have this trouble. Giant and short don't often work well.
 This truck needed photographed. A 67 Chevy in the parking lot. (am pretty sure the plate said '67)

 As you can tell. The green verge between the road and the 'garden' is gone. We had the 'Big Guy' at the bottom of the drive until this morning (July 28). I was seriously contemplating decorating it with TP or other fun drapery.
 Below may resemble a pile of covered trash in a heap. It isn't. It is the remnants of mom's wood pile under a tarp and sand and rock moved by the 'Big Guy' and his friend 'Deere-dra'. (she is the cutest backhoe/dozer). This is one of the several projects I have til mid September. Finding and reorganizing the woodpile!
 If only I could harness the power of the fleets of mosquitoes who surround me each time I go out. Kind of like James when he he used Miss Spider's webbing to collect gulls to move the peach..The possibilities could be endless!

No comments: