Monday, November 16, 2015

Krispy Brownie Fluff

This is not a recipe to make in minutes. But, it is absolutely delicious! You need a few ingredients and patience. I'll share my photos and directions below, but I also understand how irritating it is to not find the recipe til you get to the bottom of a blog. Therefore, the recipe is first. :o)
Recipe:
1 box of brownies
4 cups mini marshmallows/small jar of marshmallow cream
1 1/3 cup chocolate semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 TB margarine or butter
2 cups crispy rice cereal
Bake brownies. While still warm sprinkle on marshmallows or drizzle on cream. Place back in oven for 2 min to melt and then spread over brownie. COOL completely. 
Microwave chocolate, marg/butter, and peanut butter until smooth. Add cereal and mix to coat completely. Drop on to cooled marshmallow layer and spread to edge of pan. Cool completely before cutting. 

So, you will need your basic box of brownies made per directions on box. You can make home made brownies, but I prefer the lazier method. I bake them in a larger cake pan (9x13). (The directions I have for this recipe suggest lining the pan with parchment paper or non stick foil. I've never done this. I don't know why it is suggested, but am sure someone had a good reason.) When the brownies are done and still warm, you sprinkle 4 cups of mini marshmallows on top--or dab on blobs of Marshmallow cream. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes, or so, and spread across the brownie to make a lovely sticky white layer. This is the patience part cuz you need to let the whole thing cool completely. I sometimes will put them in the fridge to help speed things up toward the end of my patience and to make sure the marshmallow is stiff.
 After a long time, find a microwave safe bowl and put 3 TB of butter or margarine in it. Add 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, and 1 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. I used semi-sweet. Microwave and stir until the chips are melted and ingredients combined together.
 Add to this chocolate goo, 2 cups of crisp rice cereal. Most people use the plain rice krispies, my family prefers the chocolate kind. Mix completely and drop onto the confection you are creating.
 Once it is all smoothed on top of the marshmallow, no one will know you have layers of decadence waiting to be cut! But, you have to wait again. The chocolate topping needs to solidify before you dive in with a knife. I actually broke the tip of one of my best knives on the edge of one of these. So, now I cover it and let the layers meld together and soften the brownies if I've baked them too long.
 Finally, it is time to cut into these delectable brownies. Hooray! The marshmallow pulls away, reluctant to leave its chocolaty home, but you must prevail. The brownies are sooo messy and yummy. They can be served on a plate with a fork, but licking a plate is less acceptable than licking fingers. So, go for the finger/hands method. They wash.
 I did not include how many you can cut from each pan of Krispy Brownie Fluff. If you have my family, larger pieces are more efficient. Your family might be different. No matter, have fun and enjoy!

No comments: