Wednesday, January 21, 2015

gooey and delicious!

I used to make these years ago and the memory stuck in my head to the point I had to find the recipe again. I wanted to share it and found several versions online. This one is closest to the one I have. Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies, easy and decadent. 
 After making your brownie base, you add the marshmallow creme. Or mini marshmallows--about 4 cups--if you don't want to open up a jar of creme. I placed the brownies back in the warm oven to 'melt' the marshmallows and then let them cool completely. The chocolate layer, I added too much of something (PB, probably) and it is still gooey instead of hard. Not really a problem, just messy.
In this photo of layers, it looks as if there is marshmallow on the bottom. Not true. The confection is in a glass pan and when I took the picture, there was a reflection! Jon liked this so much, he ate almost a half of a row before bed! I am glad I dusted it off and made these again.

No comments: