Friday, July 04, 2014

Last day on the Kenai

My last morning, I decided to take the kayak out on the lake one more time. The birds are fairly tame right now, probably because many of them are babies. 
 I am sitting at the fat end of the 'key' on the lake. From this spot you can't really see mum's house or the neighbor's. You can almost see the neighbor's float in the middle of the narrow part of the key. (our lake is sort of shaped like a key. The houses are at the tip of the key, the part that would go in the lock.)
 The sun was coming up over the trees and shining on the lake and the fog had burned off. It was beautiful!
 The dew on the lilypad flowers just made me happy!

One of the last things I got to do on the Kenai was attend one more Kenai Peninsula Oilers game. This one was against the Chugiak Chinooks. The Oilers won 9-7!!!

My last day in Alaska, Mary took me to Westchester Lagoon. Which looks totally different this lovely July 3 than it did in April when I went with Kelly and Titus. 
 One of my favorite Alaskan flowers showing off the march of time in stunning color. In just a few inches, the fireweed will have topped and a few weeks after that, it will be winter.

No comments: