Thursday, July 24, 2014

Back to the regular Posts! Brownie Cups~

I was thinking about making brownies, but those are so normal. I have a super amazing yummy decadent recipe for Extreme Cookie Do Brownies that is a huge hit no matter when I make them..so, I thought I'd make them again. BUT, I wanted to make them single serving size. I wondered if I could make cupcake brownies and add the toppings. So, I tried it. Making brownie cupcakes is pretty simple. You just need to make sure you don't over fill the cupcake cups. Since I did, I remembered a cool contraption one of my friends got me called a cupcake corer. I hollowed out the brownie circles, cut part of the core in half to squish inside the bottom of the brownie cupcake. Then, I took a generous dollop of the cookie do mix (eggless, so you can eat it and eat it and eat it...) and pressed it inside. 
 After letting the stuff set up properly, I added the melted chocolate chip 'frosting'. I dropped it on top and spread it out over the top of the confection. I kept them in the paper cups because I anticipated it might be easier to assemble the different layers. I was right! I also placed them inside a cool cupcake tin to help keep them set up when I was coring the treats.
 I shared them with some friends and this young man helped show off the layers inside a bite. (I'm also a strong advocate for sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything more fun!) I think they are as yummy as the brownie itself (I always double my recipe to make a LARGE pan of them), but they did take a while to assemble, so these are a special treat treat. :o)


No comments: