Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jonathan Rocks, AGAIN!

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked for a biography of Jonathan by the school. So, I sent one. Then, last Thursday I was told he was one of the three students to win this award. Meanwhile, we had to finish up Jon's Eagle project. We were amazed-his project logged in over 150 hours and had 27 people volunteer to work on it. He also saved the government over 3000$ by using the volunteer labor and recycled materials. (he had coordinated the making of picnic tables for the Umatilla County Forest Dept). I can't find all the photos for that, so I am not posting them at this time!

THEN it was Monday night and we hauled Jon off to the Athena Chamber of Commerce Awards dinner. It was great fun and we learned a lot about the area.

Jon, and two other Seniors were honored with the award of Youth Citizen of the Year. Cool, huh?




No comments: