Friday, January 13, 2012

Cuppy Cakes!

Mom sent me a lovely cup cake decorating book for Christmas. So, since the SR class was providing the cakes for the cake raffles during the games--I made cuppy cakes!
My first ones were snowmen. They are so cute and very easy. I did spend way too much for the cookies to make the hats, but everything else was pretty inexpensive.
Are they not just CUTE?


Then, I decided to try the ducks. They are featured on the cover of the book (What's new, Cupcake?). I thought it would be a fun cupcake since the Oregon Ducks won the Rose Bowl and there are a LOT of duck fans in our little town! However, my ducks, as you can see, are definitely not the same as the ones on the cover of the book. I knew they would be a tad different, but they were more than a tad! I regret to say, I do not think ducks are in my future.
Jon called these the 'ugly ducklings' as they were not good enough to go to the raffle! The smooth one was the first one I made, the rough one was using a textured look also featured in the book. I'll save them for Jon and Steve to eat!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I LOVE THESE! So cute! you are so talented!