Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Week in Weston

I mentioned to several people that I would post pix of the most amazing school in the world. I really don't know how many steps there are in these buildings, but a gazillion is probably not a small estimate! The school was built in like 1927 or so and the 'new' gym was built in 1964..it is still called the 'new' gym. It is three stories and I was told it held the Eastern Oregon University at one time ages ago. The first photo is from the steps outside the front door of the school.


The second one is going around the flag pole that is pictured in photo one. I finally learned that one side is for up and one side is for down..but not everyone pays attention to that rule! If it even IS a rule!

The third picture is at the landing in front of the flag and the last one is at the bottom of the hill where the buses park. The building nearest the fenced area is the shop and the yellowish building on the left is the old gym, the home ec (they still teach that!) area, and the band room. The 'new' gym is off to the right behind the trees and the cafeteria is on the left..you go down some steps to reach both areas.
Not reading much. I left my library book at the new house and can't find the book I want up here. Very sad.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I spent a year of my life at that school. Good exercise! I actually didn't think to much of it, in Jr High you have alot of energy. Now? I don't think so! I'd be asking for a ride down and up that hill

VikingMom said...

Wow! These pictures bring back alot of memories. I must have been in seriously good cardiovascular shape after attending school there. After showing my boys the pictures, their reaction was one of well...no excitement. I think they equated it with the stories of "I used to walk uphill, five miles through the snow...."