Friday, May 15, 2020

Mother's Day and a few days later

Dorothy came down for a lunch of hamburgers and fixings. Steve did the burgers, I did the fixings. Except for dessert, Steve bought a chocolate cream pie. 
We missed having Tony with us. Remembering he was with us for 2016 Mom's Day is a beautiful memory to cherish. 

 "Families are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and the future." G.Buckley

 Jon brought down Granite, the chinchilla rabbit. Moses was very intrigued by the larger than he is mammal in a box. Rabbits are not a rodent, in spite of the teeth and ability to procreate quickly.
 Jon added strawberries to his chocolate pie.
 Most of these photos were taken with the cute little point and shoot Jon picked out for me. I took a lot of pictures to practice. This is one of the plants Steve picked out for me. He thought it was a bleeding heart, I was glad it was a fuchsia. This is one of my very favorite kinds. I hope I can keep it alive over the winter here in EO. He also got me the hanging pot in the above photo of Jon, Dot, Steve, and Granite.

 Young finch through the cleaned window and screen in one of the kitchen windows.
 Allium
 Kerria Japonica, these last 3 were taken with the older canon.

 The storm clouds on Monday were beautiful, so was the sunset on the other side of the town.
 The locust trees are finally getting leaves!!!
 Last year, at this time, I was in AK. Thankfully, the virus hasn't disrupted much in our immediate family, just travel to the north. Until then, may you find ways to shine for those around you. Below are marbles I'm wire wrapping. Tony did this for jewelry, mine are more for durability in all kinds of weather. I have more than two dozen more to add!! If you are in town and walk past, see if you can find them.



No comments: